Update on Maui Property Tax 2018-2019 see below and always check with Maui Property Tax office for any new updates.
Maui County Real Property Tax Information
ALERT! Deadline: Homeowners filing their exemption claims MUST file by Dec 31 ! Please call Tax office for additional information.
Collection / Tax Payment Information:
County of Maui
Department of Finance
Real Property Tax/Fee and Tax Relief Program
70 East Kaahumanu Ave Suite A-18
Kahului, HI 96732
Ph: (808) 270-7697
Fax: (808) 270-7702
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
The real property tax rates per one thousand dollars of net taxable assessed valuation for each class of real property is set as follows:
Maui County Real Property Tax Classification:
- Property is classified based upon its highest and best use.
- Properties receiving homeowner exemptions, condominiums, permitted bed and breakfasts and permitted transient vacation rentals are exceptions.
- Properties which have been granted a homeowner exemption are classified as Homeowner.
- Condominiums are classified upon consideration of their actual use (Apartment, Commercial, Hotel / Resort, Timeshare, Homeowner).
- Properties which have been granted a bed and breakfast permit, a transient vacation rental permit, or a conditional permit to operate a transient vacation rental are classified as Commercialized Residential
Maui County Real Property Tax Dates to Remember
All information has been taken from Maui Real Property Tax Websites. Please visit for more information and updates!
Jeannie Kong REALTOR® (S) 808-276-1832
The Living On Maui Team
Subscribe to our blog and receive FREE GIFT!